Ever notice how restaurants, gourmet chefs, hotels and other high-end businesses use stainless steel for nearly every surface in their kitchen? Or how almost all appliances – refrigerators, dishwashers, even washer, and dryers – are now available in a stainless steel design?
Stainless steel isn’t just for counters and prep areas in commercial kitchens anymore. Stainless is rapidly making its way into the residential market. More and more interior designers, architects, and people remodeling their homes are choosing stainless steel countertops, over alternative materials like granite or Corian.
So, why should you consider stainless for your kitchen countertop or sink?
Stainless steel is durable, low maintenance, and a non-reactive metal. It’s also hypoallergenic and non-porous, meaning it won’t stain or absorb odors over the years. The neutral color and timeless luster of stainless steel lends itself to easy remodeling now and in the future.
When compared to other materials, stainless steel offers many benefits for use in your kitchen countertops and sinks. Unlike granite or quartz countertops, stainless steel never needs any resins or sealants. If your stainless steel countertop comes into contact with a hot pan, it will not crack, break, or melt like some quartz, tile, or granite countertops will. Once a granite counter breaks, it breaks.
The Many Advantages of Stainless Steel
- Easy maintenance – Stainless steel is easy to clean and easy to maintain. Being nonporous and hypoallergenic, it’s the ideal material for residential or commercial applications.
- Aesthetics – Stainless steel gives your kitchen a sleek, modern look. Its reflective surface adds more natural light to your kitchen, accentuating the open space.
- Longevity & Durability – Stainless steel offers years of high-quality appearance and functionality.
- Eco-Friendly – Stainless steel is considered a “green” material. It can be salvaged, recycled and reused, decreasing the overall carbon footprint.
More Reasons to Use Stainless Steel
- Solid surface (Non-porous)
- Will not crack, break, or melt due to heat
- Neutral color
- Timeless luster
Who Should Use Stainless Steel Counters?
Stainless steel is a great option for anyone, but here are just a few common examples:
- Gourmet chefs – or just people who love to cook, in general! Easy to clean and durable for use as a kitchen countertop.
- The hypoallergenic, non-porous surface is perfect for people concerned with hygiene and sanitation.
- If you have young children, both of these reasons above make stainless steel great as an alternative for bathroom counters and sinks, as well.
- Feeling trendy? Stainless steel achieves a 1940s-1950s retro look or one with a cutting-edge contemporary feel, and is a great choice for interior designers, or those with remodeling fever!
Get Started with Stainless Countertops
If stainless steel is an option you’re considering for your kitchen countertops, please contact Stainless Steel Countertops of NC today. Located in the heart of North Carolina, our team of on-staff experts is available to help you with your kitchen or bar, new construction or remodeling project. Whether your project is located in North Carolina or anywhere else in the United States, Stainless Steel Countertops of NC is available to serve you.